This program takes a competency based assessment approach. This program is not a learning program whereby inexperienced candidates can work through a syllabus to obtain the skills required of a carriage driving coach.
Candidate Coaches must have considerable carriage driving and horsemanship experience and skills prior to the assessment.
Candidate Coaches will be able to demonstrate these skills to a Coach/assessor(s) in a clinical environment……. Read on
The core units of competency are
- Plan and prepare a coaching program (carriage driving). Additional Units will be published as they become available.
- Ensure safety –self, clients, volunteers, spectators and equines (carriage driving).
- Horses – carriage driving.
- Harness –carriage driving.
- Carriage – carriage driving.
- Coach carriage driving skills –singles/multiples.
- Implement strategies for performance improvement – carriage driving.
- Prepare carriage drivers for competition.