Junior Bursary 2019-2020
The Junior Bursary Application period opens on 15 October 2019 and closes on 15 November 2019.
To help with your application the following documents are on the Publications page or click on them right here;
Applications are to be sent to the Federal Secretary at ACDSfedsec@froggy.com.au
Recently at our Annual Conference Georgie Stayches gave a very interesting presentation on finding and looking after our volunteers. A few reminders for everyday life as well! Geogie’s presentation and simple planning tools for your volunteer workforce are now available in Club Resources under the Member Resources tab.
At the last Federal Council meeting the Draft MPP was approved for circulation to Members for their comment.
Your comments are sought and must be recieved by 30 September 2019
Please direct all comments to Brendan Dwyer at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Draft Policy can be found on the Publications page for you to view or download
Interim Concussion Position Statement – Effective 12 July 2019.
Sports Australia issued an updated Concussion in Sport Australia Position Statement earlier this year.
The key message is
“if in doubt, sit them out”.
The Australian Carriage Driving Society has adopted this key message.
The following interim arrangements have been put in place whilst a detailed position statement is prepared.
· If a person on a carriage (driver or groom) is suspected of having a concussion, first aid principles still apply.
· If there is a medical practitioner (doctor or paramedic) on site whose attendance has been arranged by the organising committee of the activity, the person with suspected concussion should be reviewed by the medical practitioner to determine if they have suffered concussion.
· If no medical practitioner is on-site, the person is assumed to have suffered concussion.
· If the person is assessed by the medical practitioner to have concussion or is deemed to have concussion, the person is immediately stood down from all activities and will stay stood down for 7 days (14 days if 18 years and under) regardless of whether they receive medical clearance to return to sport.
· The person remains stood down until they receive medical clearance to return to sport.
· ACDS Incident reporting mechanism is to be used and notification is immediate.
Our new range of merchandise is now available through our dedicated supplier, Skye Park Equine Tailors. It was launched at the Federal Conference at Beechworth in July 2019.
The range includes a handpicked selection of quality garments and hats to suit a wide range of members tastes and needs. The range includes polo T-shirt’s in both men’s and ladies sizes to ensure a good fit.
Our range have a fantastic range of men’s and ladies vests. These include hardshell and puffer styles that will to keep everyone warm in this chilly winter weather. The fabulous waterproof ski jacket style coat and handy ever popular hoodie will ensure you are comfy and warm our driving or volunteering.
For our sunnier weather we have introduced a wide brim sun hat to the range to accompany the standard cap. We hope this range of ACDS merchandise will provide lots of different options to meet all members tastes.
Click on this direct link to the ACDS page of the Skye Park Equine Tailors online store.
Tips and hints for ordering your merchandise.
1. Get the tape measure out and measure yourself, check your measurements against the ones provided for the particular item you are planning to order. If your hip or waist measurement is larger than your chest measurements you will need to order a larger size or you will end up with a garment that fits tight in those areas.
2. The postage rates on the order website are fixed per order no matter how big or small your order is. Best value for money can be achieved by ordering a large group or club sized order rather than individual small items check direct with Skye Park for bulk orders.
3. If you would like your club logo on the garments you order in addition to the ACDS logo you can contact Skye Park directly to get costings and organise this.
The Current CDE and Driven Dressage Rule books
One week to go to have your forms into Leonie Hartshorne Federal Treasurer
The certificate of currency for the ACDS public liability insurance 2019-2020 is attached here and can be found on the publications tab.
The 2019 SA Championship and Level 4 Schedule is now available on the Events Calendar
This year the ACDS is hosting our annual conference in the beautiful historic township of Beechworth Victoria over 13-14 July 2019.
Please refer to the calendar for additional information and the booking form.