ACDS Coach Accreditation Scheme
This program takes a competency based assessment approach. This program is not a learning program whereby inexperienced candidates can work through a syllabus to obtain the skills required
of a carriage driving coach.
Candidate Coaches must have considerable carriage driving and horsemanship experience and skills prior to the assessment. Candidate Coaches will be able to demonstrate these skills to a
Coach/assessor(s) in a clinical environment....... Read on
The core units of competency are:
Additional Units will be published as they become available.
2. Ensure safety –self, clients, volunteers, spectators and equines (carriage driving).
3. Horses – carriage driving.
4. Harness –carriage driving.
5. Carriage – carriage driving.
6. Coach carriage driving skills –singles/multiples.
7. Implement strategies for performance improvement – carriage driving.
8. Prepare carriage drivers for competition.